We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
What information do we collect about you?
In general, you can visit our website without telling us who you are and without revealing any information about yourself. If, however, you use our site you will need to register, and you will be asked to provide certain information such as your contact details. We will store this data and hold it on computer or otherwise.
We collect general site usage data using cookies or tagging technology for the purposes of improving our website. We collect your information when you register with us or complete a trade.
How will we use this information?
We may use information that you provide:
- To register you with our website and to administer it.
- For assessment and analysis e.g. marketing, customer and product analysis, to enable us to review, develop and improve our services.
- We may use your information to send you offers and news about webuybooks.co.uk products and services which we think may be of interest to you. We may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax for these purposes.
- We like to hear your views to help us improve our service. From time to time, we may contact you by post, email, telephone or fax to ask your opinions.
- Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our service.
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- With your approval, we may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
If you have consented to receive marketing communications, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us by e-mail.
Storage and safeguards
Under data protection and security legislation, “Cosio.co.uk” is legally required to inform you where your data is stored and how it is protected.
No personally identifiable information is transferred or stored outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), such as name, address, phone number and any payment information. This website is hosted with 1&1, who store data in England under strict safeguards.
As part of due diligence in the usage of third parties, we ensure they follow the highest standards of data protection and security. However, in the event of a breach of a third party, “Cosio.co.uk” group cannot be held responsible. This eventuality is highly unlikely, as we do not pass personally identifiable information to third parties, as stated above.
Personally identifiable data is collected and used for the reasons set out above and shall not be stored for longer than necessary for those purposes.
Cookies and tracking
There is a technology called “cookies” which may be used by us to provide you with, for example, customised information from our website. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser which may then store it on your system. If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. Please remember cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not exchange cookies with any third party websites or external data suppliers.
For further information, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org
List of Cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
COOKIE name COOKIE Description
RB_BK Stores your basket information so it can be retrieved at a later date.
List of 3rd party cookies we collect
COOKIE name COOKIE Description
Updating or removing your information
We would like to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you believe is inaccurate. You may also do this yourself through the My Account dashboard (if you are a registered user).
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you, if you would like a copy of some or all your personal information, please contact us.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us